No south Indian festival is complete without the presence of the mouth-watering Semiya Payasam. This tasty dessert can be made quite easily and quickly.
- 3/4 cup vermicelli
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp green cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron
- 500 ml milk
- 200 ml water
- 2 tsp ghee
- Cashew nuts and raisins
- Fry the cashews and raisins in ghee till golden and keep it aside.
- Add Vermicelli to a pan and roast on a low flame till it becomes light golden.
- Add milk and water to the pan and maintain a low or medium flame till the vermicelli is fully cooked.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder. Cook for 3 to 5 mins on a low flame for the semiya payasam to thicken.
- Garnish with fried nuts and raisins.