Nothing can beat the rich and creamy flavour of a traditional Indian Kulfi. They are usually made from full fat milk.
- 1.25 litres of full fat milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cardamoms powdered
- 8 pistachios chopped
- Few strands of saffron
- Heat milk in a wide pan and allow it to boil.
- Keep the milk on medium flame and stir it till the milk becomes thick.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamoms and pistachios to it and stir till it reduces to almost one third of its original quantity.
- Turn off flame and allow it to cool. Add Saffron strands if required and then pour it into Kulfi moulds and close the lids.
- Place them in the deep freezer for at least 7-8 hours.
- Once the Kulfi sets, place the Kulfi mold in luke warm water for a few seconds to help it set free from the moulds.
- Insert ice cream sticks in the Kulfi and serve.